The Best Way to Help College Students Through Final Exams
It’s almost the holidays! And for college students, that means it’s also final exam time. Coeds all around the country are trying to cram as much information into their brains as possible — while they also pack up to head home, make travel arrangements, spend money they don’t have on gifts, and more. That’s a lot to stress about! Which is why we firmly believe that now is the best time to send a care package.
Here’s what to put in it — and a few things to consider when putting it together.
A Care Package For College Students: Good Things to Include
- Candy and gum
- Granola bars
- Dried fruit
- Beef jerky
- Soda or seltzer water
- Tea, coffee, or anything with caffeine
- A gift card for a local ice cream shop (study breaks are mandatory)
- An encouraging hand-written note (it’ll hit harder than you realize)
- Colorful confetti (because confetti is always fun)
- Don’t send anything perishable — even if you use ice packs — because students usually have to go to a special building to retrieve their mail. If they’re super slammed, who knows how long the package will sit at the campus post office before they finally have time to pick it up.
- Send big bags of everything. Your favorite coed probably has roommates and is probably nice enough to want to share her goodies. Isn’t that sweet of her?
- Send the stuff in a box (a box inside the shipping box!) and the student can use the empty box when it’s time to pack up for the break.
- Mail it now. Even if finals don’t start for another week, she’s probably already studying. And this way, she’ll have plenty of time to use/eat everything in the box before it’s time to come home.