What to Read This Weekend: Pollan on Paleo, Kale at the Super Bowl, and Gastronomic Voyeurism
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Eight good reads (plus a video and a podcast) for your weekend perusal.
- Some audio “reading” for you: an interview with Michael Pollan on the paleo diet, raw food, and why we should eat bread. – Emma
- Anthony Bourdain talks about plans for his NYC food market, his thoughts on the Times Gods of Food issue, and Parts Unknown season three. – Ariel
- Why you should make your own salsa for the Super Bowl this week. – Cambria
- Is the “Collards are the new kale!” campaign at Whole Foods an example of food gentrification? – Anjali
- Don’t romanticize the French way of shopping. It’s actually kind of a pain (but it has its own logic). — Faith
- Gastronomic voyeurism — is this really a thing? Apparently so. — Faith
- More fuel for the $4 Toast Debate: scapegoat edition. – Emma
- There will be kale at the Super Bowl. Not nachos, KALE. – Ariel
- Yay for this Sweet Potato & Feta Dinner Skillet for a quick weeknight meal. – Cambria
- It takes 53 gallons of water to produce a single egg! – Anjali