What Staples Do You Keep In Your Freezer?
A well-stocked freezer is invaluable for making dinners in a flash, whipping up desserts, and enjoying fruits and vegetables out of season. The freezer is also an ideal place to store many pantry ingredients for longer periods of time, preventing spoilage and pests. What staples do you keep frozen?
Here’s what I almost always have in my freezer:
• nuts, including almonds (whole and blanched), pine nuts, and pistachios
• cooked beans – at least two kinds, usually black and white
• homemade stock, frozen in small portions for quick soup making
• flavor builders like ginger, roasted garlic, and caramelized onions
• fruit and berries for smoothies, compotes, and desserts
• flour and cornmeal
What are your freezer must-haves?