What Is Your Favorite Recipe for Brussels Sprouts?
Brussels sprouts (along with quince) were a new food crush for us this past year. We had an unfortunate incident, several years ago, involving mushy Brussels sprouts, and that put us off for quite a while. But all of a sudden we were like, hey! We love green cabbage. Brussels sprouts are like mini green cabbage. So cute!
We can’t speak to that, but we do think that these little balls of cruciferousness are pretty delicious. Given the proper treatment, of course.
We’d like to wean ourselves away from our favorite crispy-lemony-sprouts salad and try something new. So we ask you: what is your favorite way to cook Brussels sprouts?
Here are a few more discussion points on the mini cabbages:
• Chris’s Holiday Host’s Diary – Where Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts are the surprise hit of the party.
• In Season: Brussels Sprouts
• Flickr Find: A Brussels Sprouts Christmas Tree
• Tip: Keep Brussels Sprouts Green With a Bath
• Recipe: Lemon-Marinated Brussels Sprouts With Parsley and Shallots