Last week Sara Kate shared her brilliant recipe for slow cooker pork carnitas — yes, you can go to taco heaven without heating up the kitchen. Earlier this summer we shared other recipes you can make in the slow cooker, which is just the best tool for days when you'd rather be at the park or pool than in the hot kitchen.
We're curious — are there other smart ways you've found to use your slow cooker in the summer? Your morning oatmeal, perhaps? Or sauce for pasta? Do you use it in canning or preserving? Do you cook vegetables in it? Tell us — we'd love to learn all your summer slow cooker secrets.
Here are a few more creative ways we've found to use the slow cooker...
- How To Make Bread in the Slow Cooker
- How To Cook Beans in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Recipe: Cheesy "Baked" Spinach & Mozzarella Rigatoni
- How To Make Caramelized Onions in a Slow Cooker
- Easy Dinner Recipe: Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas
- Breakfast Recipe: Slow Cooker Spiced Porridge for a Crowd