12 Ways to Store & Display Your Home Bar
Last week we looked at some seriously enviable wine cellars, but where do you keep the rest of your bar bottles? The options are truly endless. You can have a dedicated bar table or cart for your booze, incorporate it into a set of bookshelves, or you use a console table. You can even hide it in a cabinet, although some of those liquor bottles and cocktail glasses are so pretty, we can’t imagine you’d want them kept out of sight.
Here are 12 ideas for how you can store and display your home bar.
- Gold Bar Cart – Domaine: This brushed gold cart is the perfect luxe option. It should come as no surprise that its owner is Ellen Pompeo from “Grey’s Anatomy.”
- DIY Bookcase Bar – Apartment Therapy: One of our favorite projects from the Apartment Therapy archives, this refurbished bookcase can store everything from stemware to tools to your favorite bottles.
- Slab Table – Thom Filicia: A serious liquor collection calls for something larger than a console table or cart. This slab table is the perfect fit in this rustic lake house.
- Industrial Cart – A Girl in the World: Don’t overlook the industrial option. A fresh coat of high-gloss paint can go a long way toward making your bar stand out.
- Unfinished Wood Cabinet – Better Homes & Gardens: With the right hardware, you can turn any unfinished (or finished, for that matter) cabinet into a home bar.
- Liquor Drawers – Home Bunch: There are a lot of good reasons to keep your liquor bottles stashed away in drawers — it keeps them from getting dusty, and prevents visual clutter, and it also makes it easier to reach that one special bottle all the way in the back.
- Console & Floating Shelves – Amy Meier Design: If you have the right space, creating a bar with seating is the ideal solution. Just think of it like the most exclusive (yet more affordable) cocktail bar in town.
- DIY Cabinet – Rain on a Tin Roof: You’d never guess that this cabinet started out as a wooden chest of drawers from IKEA. The jade color and the campaign chest detailing is spot-on.
- Secretary Desk – House Beautiful: When it’s all closed up, you’d never guess this little writing desk is hiding a fully stocked liquor cabinet. It’s the perfect way to hide your collection in plain sight.
- Styled Shelves – Lonny: Incorporate your bar supplies into a built-in or free-standing shelving unit with your other decorative objects and possessions for a polished look.
- Gold & White Utility Cart – Blush and Jelly: This simple and inexpensive utility cart transforms into a chic bar cart with just a few coats of gold spray paint.
- Plumbing Pipe Console – Life Designed: While this DIY console is shown outside, we think it would look equally great inside a more industrial loft space. The plumbing pipe truly is something different.