The BLW Sandwich and Potato Chip Wine Pairings
What’s that on your sandwich? Bacon, lettuce and … watermelon? Find out more about that recipe below, plus wines to drink with your potato chips, an award-winning goat cheese and the science behind how we take our iced coffee.
- Sure, it’s high season for tomatoes, and some may not want to mess with a good thing, but Newsday’s take on the classic BLT – swapping out the tomato for watermelon to make a BLW – is pretty intriguing.
- Do you like your iced coffee the same way you prefer the hot stuff? According to the Washington Post, most people don’t, and they explore the science behind this favorite summer drink.
- We like how the Dallas Morning News is thinking this week. They pair nine wines under $15 with two varieties of potato chips – salt and fresh ground pepper, and buffalo bleu. Snack time, anyone?
- The Indianapolis Star reports that one of our favorite Midwest cheesemakers, Indiana’s Capriole Farms, took home another first-place award from the American Cheese Society’s annual competition. O’Banon, the winning cheese, is a goat cheese wrapped in chestnut leaves marinated in Woodford Reserve Bourbon.
- If it feels more like fall than summer this weekend, the Denver Post’s Game Hens in Apricot, Tequila and California Chile Sauce might be just the thing.
Recent Newspaper Food Section Roundups