Decidedly Un-White: 14 Warm Wood Kitchens
When we watch home design shows (i.e. House Hunters), we’re always struck by how many people say, “Oooh, I love the dark wood kitchen cabinets.” Usually, they’re cherry, and frankly, we’d take bright and white over cherry any day. But these wood kitchens we love—proof that wood can be modern, clean, and warm (but still cool).
• 6. Oak panels and yellow accents, from Country Home.
• 7. Smooth and handle-less cabinets, from Living, Etc.
• 8. Raised panels and wainscoting, from Point Click Home.
• 9. Horizontal slats in a Zen kitchen, from House Beautiful.
• 10. Dark chocolate cabinets and granite counters, from Metropolitan Home.
(Images: Living, Etc.; Simon Upton; Roger Davies; John Reed Forsman; Wendell T. Webber; Eric Piasecki; Jason Predock; Mali Azima; Emily Minton Redfield)