So, I hear you want to bake bread! That's music to my bread-loving ears. Even if you've never opened a package of yeast or taken your KitchenAid's dough hook out of the box, don't worry about a thing. Here are our five easiest, most basic, and most foolproof bread recipes for you to try first, plus plenty of helpful tips and tutorials to make sure your first loaf is a success.
5 Basic Bread Recipes to Make First
Bread baking isn't hard per se, but it can be intimidating. Starting with the most basic of bread recipes is the key to gaining confidence! These five recipes are far from complicated but are sure to result in seriously good loaves that might just rival your local bakery.
- How To Make Basic White Sandwich Bread
- How To Make Basic Whole Wheat Bread
- How To Make No-Knead Bread
- How To Make No-Time Bread
- How To Make Easy Rosemary Focaccia
Bread-Making Tips & Advice
Even if you're working with basic loaves, there are sure to be questions that arise in the process. Am I using the right yeast? Is it rising properly? Did I knead the loaf too much? Luckily, we're here to help answer all of these and more.
- Active Dry & Instant Yeast: Best Tips for Working with Yeast
- Working with Yeast: Be Not Afraid!
- Bread-Baking Tip: How to Tell When Dough is Kneaded
- Bread-Baking Clinic: Under-kneading and Over-kneading
- How to Do the Windowpane Test When Kneading Dough
- How to Shape a Sandwich Loaf of Bread
- How to Tell When Bread is Done
When You're Ready for More
Once you feel confident with the basic breads above, feel free to try experimenting with more. These roundups include plenty of approachable loaves that are sure to take you to the next level in your bread baking routine.