So, I hear you want to bake bread! That's music to my bread-loving ears. Even if you've never opened a package of yeast or taken your KitchenAid's dough hook out of the box, don't worry about a thing. Here are our three easiest, most basic, and most foolproof bread recipes for you to try first, plus plenty of helpful tips and tutorials to make sure your first loaf is a success.
3 Basic Bread Recipes to Make First
- How to Make Basic White Sandwich Bread
- How to Make Basic Whole Wheat Bread
- How to Make No-Knead Bread
Bread-Making Tips & Advice:
- Active Dry & Instant Yeast: Best Tips for Working with Yeast
- Working with Yeast: Be Not Afraid!
- Bread-Baking Tip: How to Tell When Dough is Kneaded
- Bread-Baking Clinic: Under-kneading and Over-kneading
- How to Do the Windowpane Test When Kneading Dough
- How to Shape a Sandwich Loaf of Bread
- How to Tell When Bread is Done
When You're Ready for More:
- 23 Homemade Breads to Fit Any Schedule
- 10 Recipes for Homemade Sandwich Breads
- 15 Bread-Making Tutorials
This post was requested by Monica for Reader Request Week 2013.
(Images: Emma Christensen)