Vegetarian Skewers Five Ways
While grilling is traditionally considered a meat-oriented pursuit, there’s no need for vegetarians or veg-friendly omnivores to miss out on the pleasures of grill-cooked food. Here are five ideas for building flavorful and filling vegetarian skewers or kabobs, along with some recipes for inspiration.
Cheese: On their own or paired with vegetables, cheeses that stand up well to heat include halloumi, paneer, and feta. Vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike might be fighting over these!
• Basil Halloumi Skewers, from Delicious Magazine
• Paneer Kebabs, from Olive Magazine
• Toasty Feta Kebabs, from Good Food Magazine
Vegetables: Vegetables are a no-brainer, but how many times have you had skewers of crunchy, unappetizing zucchini chunks? Try these tips and recipes.
• How to Skewer Vegetable Kebabs, from About.com
• Great Grilled Vegetables, from Cook’s Illustrated
• Vegetable Kebabs, from Gourmet
• Vegetables on Rosemary Skewers with White-Bean Hummus, from SELF
Share your own ideas and recipes with us in the comments!
(Image: Rachel Rappaport/Coconut & Lime, used by permission)