10 Easy Lunch Box Ideas for Vegetarians
Get ready, fellow lunch packers! Your bento boxes are about to be bursting with vibrant veggies and creative meat-free mains. Whether you follow a vegetarian diet full-time or are simply interested in cutting meat from your midday meal, these veg-heavy boxes are sure to satisfy.
Our 10 quick and easy ideas for vegetarian lunches feature an assortment of ingredients rich in iron, fiber, and protein (including quinoa, beans, nuts, and nut butter), ensuring you’ll stay full and won’t get bored. No sad salads here — we promise!
5 Easy Vegetarian Lunch Box Ideas: Watch the Video
Buy the Lunch Box
10 Vegetarian Lunch Ideas
If you’re interested in eating vegetarian, lunch is one of the best places to start. Each one of these vegetarian lunch boxes includes a protein-packed main (see: How much protein do you need anyway?) and an assortment of fruits, veggies, and snacks, meaning they’ll keep you full throughout the afternoon.
1. Hummus Wrap
- Get a recipe: Swipe some hummus on a whole-wheat tortilla; top with chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and a handful of baby spinach; and then wrap it up.
- Pack with: Apple slices, carrot sticks, snacking cheese, roasted cashews
2. Marinated Beans
The best part about marinated beans is that they get better the longer they sit in the fridge. Make them on Sunday and then relax knowing your lunch will only improve as the week goes on.
3. Veggie-Filled Pasta Salad
There’s no shortage of ways to make pasta salad. Have fun experimenting with new recipes, or buy your favorite from the salad bar.
4. Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap
Sometimes all you really want come lunchtime is a good ol’ peanut butter sandwich. Add some pizzazz with bananas and granola.
- Get a recipe: Peanut Butter, Banana, and Granola Wrap
- Pack with: Halved strawberries, carrot sticks, Greek yogurt cup, a box of raisins
5. Cauliflower Rice and Black Bean Bowl
Hack a quick grain-free grain bowl by tossing together cauliflower rice and black beans, then finishing with a few taco-night condiments.
- Get a recipe: Mix homemade or store-bought cauliflower rice with black beans and top with salsa and guacamole.
- Pack with: Sugar snap peas, roasted almonds
6. Hard-Boiled Egg and Snack Plate
Turn your favorite snack board components into lunch by throwing protein-packed eggs into the mix.
- Get a recipe: 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Pack with: Clementine, sliced cucumbers, pretzel crisps, a hummus cup
7. Picnic Lunch
If you’re stuck at your desk, let your lunch box transport you to a picnic in the park by gathering a handful of salty snack-y things to graze on.
- Get a recipe: No recipe here!
- Pack with: Cheddar cheese cubes, apple slices, mini rice cakes, a hummus cup, roasted cashews
8. Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Embrace the versatility of chickpeas by turning them into a vegetarian version of tuna salad.
- Get a recipe: Chickpea of the Sea Sandwich
- Pack with: Apple slices, cherry tomatoes, potato chips, snacking cheese
9. Tofu Slaw
Let tofu play the starring role at lunch by piling seasoned cubes onto crisp and crunchy broccoli slaw.
- Get a recipe: Make Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu or buy marinated tofu from the salad bar and mix it with store-bought broccoli slaw.
- Pack with: Blueberries, whole-wheat pita, a hummus cup
10. Quinoa Salad
Protein-packed quinoa will keep you full through the afternoon. Make your own salad with it, or buy one from the store.
Do you have a favorite vegetarian lunchbox or recipe you love? Tell us all about it!