Quick n’ Easy: 10 Ways to Make a Great Quesadilla Tonight
You really can’t go wrong with a quesadilla, am I right? Take one tortilla, top with cheese and other sundry fridge items, and apply heat. Eat with gusto approximately five minutes later.
Quesadillas are so easy to throw together that sometimes I fall into a rut of making the same basic quesadilla every time. These are a few recipes I’ve bookmarked recently that used an unusual ingredient, an interesting spice, or otherwise piqued my culinary curiosity:
• Quesadillas with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Vegetables from Martha Stewart – It’s the sweet potato included in those roasted vegetables that has me intrigued with this one.
• Kimchi and Avocado Quesadillas from Sunset and MyRecipes – Kimchi on a quesadilla? I’m all over it.
• Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas from Pioneer Woman – Pineapple! I love it!
• Tandoori Quesadillas from Indian Simmer – I really like the idea of bringing Indian flavors into a quesadilla.
• Squash Blossom Quesadillas from Saveur – An excellent use for the squash blossoms I’ve been seeing at the farmers market.
• Caramelized Onion and Steak Quesadillas from BS’ In the Kitchen – I normally opt for barely cooked onions for the sake of time, but this recipe looks worth the extra effort.
• Pear, Brie, and Honey Quesadilla from Two Peas & Their Pod – The honey is a great touch.
What’s your favorite kind of quesadilla?