Two-for-One: 8 Sandwich Cookies For Holiday Nibbling
Sandwich cookies have always been our favorite based entirely on the fact that you get two cookies for the price of one. Whether you’re a five-year-old or a mumble-year-old, you just can’t deny the sweet logic of that. Check out these tempting – and gorgeous – recipes and tell us which one you’d make first.
• Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Gourmet – Dark chocolate and white chocolate! Brilliant!
• Pecan Lace Sandwich Cookies with Orange Buttercream from Epicurious – Oh. Wow. Yes.
• Mint-Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Martha Stewart – These bear a striking resemblance to a certain Pepperidge Farm cookie we are addicted to.
• White Chocolate Snowballs from Real Simple – Chewy macaroons meet white chocolate.
• Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Filling from Leite’s Culinaria – So good
• Chewy Almond-Raspberry Sandwich Cookies from Bon Appétit – We love the slivers of almond decorating each cookie.
• Alfajores de Dulce de Leche from Sunset Magazine – We’ve had our eye on these dulce de leche-filled cookies for quite some time.
• Ginger-Spice Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream from Fine Cooking – Tart lemon and spicy ginger go together so well.
Which one to make first? Or do you have another favorite sandwich cookie?
(Images: See individual linked recipes)