Turkey-Shaped Foods to Add Some Humor to Your Holiday
Sometimes it’s important to remember that Thanksgiving is about the chance to have fun with family and friends, and not stress about it being a big meal that can be complicated and overwhelming to achieve.
With that spirit in mind, allow us to present some of our favorite turkey-shaped food displays that will add a bit of humor to your holiday. Whether you make them to serve to guests, bring them to a potluck to surprise an unsuspecting host, or just flip through the photos here to marvel at just how many foods can be made to look like the noble bird — here are 10 examples of turkey-shaped foods.
- Pretzel Rod Turkey – Inside Bru Crew Life: This sweet display is sure to dominate the dessert table.
- Meat & Cheese Tray – Also That’s It: The only way this could be better is if the salami was replaced with thinly sliced turkey sausage.
- Cinnamon Roll Turkeys – Pillsbury: These cinnamon roll and bacon turkeys are the perfect treat to eat while watching the parade.
- Nutter Butter Turkeys – Betty Crocker: Set out the supplies and let this be the activity for any kids (or kids at heart) between dinner and dessert.
- Fruit Platter – Steve Dembo on Flickr: The sky is the limit on which fruits you can include on this turkey treat. Just make sure it doesn’t end up looking like a peacock.
- Veggie Platter – Lindsay Ann Bakes: There are a lot of turkey-shaped veggie platters out there, but we love that this one uses the dip for the body.
- Rice Krispie Treats – Shugary Sweets: Another fun activity for the kids’ table, these can make great treats for little ones to take home with them.
- Turkey-Shaped Cheese Ball – Taste of Home: We’re starting to think you could have your entire pre-dinner snack table be shaped like turkeys. They do travel in flocks, after all.
- Turkey Cupcakes – The Kitchn: You knew we couldn’t skip cupcakes on this list!
- Leftover Turkey Sandwich – Arts & Crackers: And just so your fun lasts until Black Friday and beyond, you can always turn your leftover turkey sandwich into … a turkey as well.