Blue might be one of our favorite colors when it comes to kitchenware — and we're not alone. A study from the University of Maryland found that blue is the most popular color for both men and women. So when you're drawn to that bright blue dutch oven or a new set of vintage-inspired blue canning jars, you'll know you're in good company.
In fact, blue is such a popular color that scientists are actually working to find new blues. A team at Oregon State University recently discovered a vibrant new shade that they're calling "YInMn blue." We can't wait until we can outfit our kitchen with serving pieces in this brilliant hue. Until then, these finds, in various shades of blue, will do.
1. 5 1/2-Quart Round Dutch Oven in Marseille, $320 from Le Creuset: If you're going to invest in a Le Creuset Dutch oven, why wouldn't you get blue? We're partial to this hue, but there are at least four more blues to choose from.
2. Insulated Water Bottle in Electric Eel, $25 to $45 from S'well: Stay hydrated and on trend with this bright royal blue water bottle that keeps liquids cold for a full 24 hours.
3. Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer in Cornflower Blue, $430 from KitchenAid: The classic tilt-head stand mixer comes in any number of shades, but we're partial to this cornflower blue that looks like it was transported straight out of a kitchen in the French countryside.
4. Celestial Coaster Set, $40 for four from Anthropologie: These brilliant cobalt coasters might look like geodes that have been unearthed from some remote location, but they are actually made of clay and glass that has been fired specifically to recreate that effect.
5. SOMMAR 2016 Tray, $9 from IKEA: Cobalt has been the color of the summer for IKEA. They have everything from table linens to serving pieces in the bright hue. We're partial to this inexpensive melamine tray. It's the perfect way to add a pop of blue without too much commitment.
6. Greenpan Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set, $250 from West Elm: If you prefer your blues to be a paler shade, this eco-friendly cookware set might be the perfect choice. It comes with two saucepans, two frying pans, a skillet, and a Dutch oven along with the coordinating lids.
7. Indigo Wood Bowls, $13 to $30 from CB2: You can never have too many salad bowls. While we love the classic wood-grain ones, these indigo-dyed versions are our new favorites. It's one of the easiest ways to make your dinner table on trend.
8. Color-Cut Cake Stand, $12 from Anthropologie: This rich, almost navy hue isn't one you normally see in cut glass, so we're swooning over it in this mini cake stand. It's just seven inches in diameter, so it's best used for small cakes or cupcakes.
9. Marin Dark Blue Baking Dish, $22 from Crate & Barrel: Get ready for everything you pull out of your oven to be so much more Instagrammable, thanks to this dark blue baking dish.
10. Ball Heritage Blue Pint Canning Jars, $25 for six from Amazon: We couldn't leave off our favorite way to add a touch of blue to the kitchen. The reissued blue mason jars from Ball. Whether you use them for pantry storage or canning your favorite pickles, jams, and preserves, they make your kitchen immediately more stylish.