Transport Your Slow Cooker in Style
Summer is cookout season and chances are, at some point this season, you’ll need to transport your famous baked beans, pulled pork, or queso to somewhere besides your dinner table. Yes, you can very carefully nestle it into the footwell of your car, but it makes it much easier if you have a way to transport it. These six carriers — some designed specifically for slow cookers, some more versatile —will make carrying your crock in tow that much easier.
1. Boat & Tote Bag, $40 from L.L. Bean: If you don’t want to buy a bag that’s designed solely for your slow cooker, consider this classic from L.L. Bean. We like that it has a flat, sturdy bottom to keep your slow cooker level, and has the option of longer handles so you can carry it over your shoulder if you prefer.
2. Insulated Crock Pot Carrier, $30 from Spoil Yourself Rotten: Available in a range of colors and patterns, these slow-cooker covers are perfect for taking your appliance on the go. It securely zips around the slow cooker and keeps everything warm, thanks to the insulation.
3. Crock-Pot Travel Bag for 7-Quart Slow Cookers, $15 from Amazon: You can’t go wrong with basic black, and this bag fits even the largest slow cookers (up to seven quarts!). A long shoulder strap makes it easy to carry, too.
4. Insulated Crock Pot Carrier, Multi Dot Green, $28 from StitchWitchFabrics on Etsy: This drawstring bag cinches up to keep your slow cooker in one place during transport. And because it’s from an Etsy seller, you can customize the outside fabric to your liking.
5. Market Basket, Double Handle, $58 from Brook Farm General Store: It’s not a slow-cooker-specific bag, but this farmers market tote is perfect for smaller slow cookers. Plus, you’ll get plenty of use out of it by taking it to the weekend market as well.
6. Crock-It Lock-It, $25 from Crock-It Lock-It: Okay, this last one isn’t that stylish, but we have to give it points for functionality. Designed to fit on most any slow cooker, this handle and strap system makes sure the lid doesn’t come off en route. Plus, it has a handle for easy carrying and a ladle that attaches to the device. You just might want to hide it inside one of these other totes.