Top Chef: Episode Ten
Only six chefs remain and things are getting pretty dramatic.
• Lamb Kebab with Curried Kraft Mayo, Endive and Tomatoes
• Steak Tartare with Kraft Mayo, Cornichons and plums
• Sandwich of Tempura Shrimp, pickled peaches and BBQ Aioli
• Brie and Crab Quesadilla with Chipotle Salas and Kraft Mayo Salad
• Fig Raisin Toast with Yogurt, Honey, Almonds, Grapes and BBQ Sauce
• Smoked Salmon Napoleon with Zest Italian Dressing (Why are there so many Napoleons this season?)
For the Elimination Challenge the chefs were asked to come up with a restaurant concept. They were divided into two teams and then had to take half an empty restaurant get it up and running and ready to prepare meals for 24 guests the next day.
Team #1’s Rustic Italian inspired menu included:
• Fried Meatballs on Crostini with Parsley Pesto
• Spaghetti with Parsley-Walnut Pesto
• Roasted Pork Loin with Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Creamy Polenta
• and for dessert, Watermelon “Gnocchi”
Team #2’s concept was an upscale diner and their menu consisted of:
• Barbeque Coffee Chicken Wings
• Tempura Vegetables
• “The Best Burger Ever” (Do there really need to be more restaurants specializing in high end burgers?)
• and for dessert, Oreo Lemon Pie
So which restaurant’s menu looks more interesting? How is it possible that Mike has been to culinary school AND worked at T.G.I Fridays and he doesn’t know how to pronounce the word chipotle? What are your feelings on Kraft Mayo?