These Recipes Will Help You Survive the Summer Heat Wave
Heat dome, heat wave, heat attack — we don’t care what you call it. It is just way too hot! Has cooking become a challenge for you? An effort? We’d like to help. Yes, the heat has wrapped its sticky fingers around us, but food can be a relief. Here are 30 recipes that all offer nourishment and deliciousness, and that will cool you down too.
There are simple sandwiches that won’t heat up your kitchen, and cold, crunchy slaws. There’s an indulgent no-bake cake, and cold peanut noodles that are perfect for lunch. There’s a creamy avocado breakfast pudding, and Campari Popsicles too.
These are just a few of the things we crave in the summer heat — recipes that help us stay cool and still enjoy the kitchen. We’d love to hear about your favorite recipes and ideas for hot-weather eating. What do you make when it’s just too hot to cook?
Popsicles & Sweet Things
Sandwiches & Salads
Lunch & Dinner
- Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
- How To Make Summer Rolls
- Chilled Buttermilk Soup for Hot Summer Days
- Cold Peanut Sesame Noodles
- Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes and Corn
- Soba Noodles with Wilted Bok Choy
- Dill and Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Vegetable and Mint Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- How To Make Easy Gazpacho
What’s your favorite thing to cook and eat in this weather? How do you stay cool and inspired in the kitchen?