What’s Cooking This Weekend…
Here are a few of the things we’re thinking about doing this weekend. Will you join in? There’s lots happening here in The Kitchn. More below the jump.
• Eat lots of citrus while you still can.
• We’re plotting and planning for April Fool’s Day next Tuesday.
• The Cure is on – here are the Week 2 assignments for the Kitchn Spring Cure
• Read and cook – we have a fun challenge going and you will quite likely win a book if you participate.
• Go out on the town – trips to the grocery and farmers market are in order.
A few more things we’d like to do or are doing this weekend…
• Reading Laurie Colwin
• Cleaning food out of the fridge and putting it to good use.
• Reading up on Japanese cooking
• Braising a slab of beef brisket from a local farm.
• Sipping cucumber water.
• Making pudding cakes – lemon, most likely.
• Tossing up an orange, fennel and shallot salad with blood oranges and a Cara Cara…
What are you doing this weekend? Any kitchen plans?
Originally published Mar 28, 2008