Times Top Five: Zuni Café Tomato Bread SaladFrom the NY Times Dining Section 07.23.08
There were plenty of good things in today’s New York Times dining section. Our top five favorites include a giant food party in San Francisco, a no-bake cheesecake, bread salad from a famous chef, and a new oil made from something unexpected!
- Tomato bread salad from Zuni What says summer like a tomato bread salad. Even better when it’s from Judy Rodgers, the creator of that famous Zuni chicken and bread salad.
- Big plans for Slow Food There’s going to be a giant food party and festival in San Francisco this summer; will it be the Woodstock of food? The Times takes a look at the Slow Food festival.
- A rediscovered tomato …to make that bread salad with.
- Cheesecake – no oven required. Delicate cheesecake – no oven. From the Minimalist.
- Coffee oil! Two unexpected oils – coffee and mustard – offer new ideas for roasting and grilling.
What were your favorite parts of the New York Times Dining section this week?
(Top image: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)