Times Top Five: Meat Gives Way To VeggiesFrom the NY Times Dining Section 06.11.08
Ready for our top five favorite things from today’s New York Times dining section? Let’s start with the meat sculptures from Mark Bittman’s piece – oh wait, they’re really mushrooms…
- Mark Bittman puts meat in its place Which is, not too much of it, tossed with plenty of vegetables. His list of tips on eating less meat and getting over our high-protein hangups is great. As is the illustration at the top of the page.
- Bad economy? Grow vegetables! Food is getting more expensive – ergo, grow more of your own. We like this trend.
- Falafel from canned chickpeas Sounds delicious.
- Kids who eat scorpions Down with hiding miniscule amounts of spinach in brownies! Matthew Forney gives tips on raising non-picky eaters. (Hint: move to Beijing.)
- Great inspiration for dressing up ciabatta Wood-fired bread sold in Union Square also inspires us to do some grilled breads with cheese this summer.
What was your favorite bit of the dining section this week?
(Top image: Tony Cenicola for The New York Times)