Times Top 5: Lavender Pasta and Supper ClubsFrom the NY Times Dining Section 08.27.08
What’s in the Times dining section today? Well, let’s find out. Here are our top picks from today’s dining section. We have two words for you: smoked peaches.
- Smoked peaches with rose veal Smoked peaches! Fascinating and delicious. Don’t miss the companion article about a historic herd of cattle just saved from the brink of extinction.
- Genovese basil A shoutout to one of our favorite varieties of basil, including sources in the New York City area.
- Lavender instead of thyme This really grabbed us; the Minimalist makes pasta with lavender! We have quite the thing for lavender in desserts – but in pasta (and lamb)? Must try!
- Teenage burritos grow up A gift of burritos from a Alex Witchel’s son’s friend. The best late-night teenage meal revisited.
- Supper clubs Not quite eating out – not quite eating in. Have you ever participated in a supper club?
Those were our favorite bits; how about yours?
(Image: Susana Raab for The New York Times)
Originally published Aug 27, 2008