Times Top 5: Mix-and-Match Rice SaladsFrom the NY Times Dining Section 07.30.08
Mark Bittman takes on one of our favorite topics: salads! Take a look at this and our other top 5 picks out of the Times dining section.
- Mix-and-match rice salads The Minimalist tosses a few salads, like
- Smooth, rich white Bordeaux Sounds delicious, but it’s not as well known here in the States.
- The resurgence of vintage cocktails (and cocktail books) The only problem is that now old cocktail book prices are going through the roof. One collector is reissuing some of the best in affordable new editions.
- Melissa Clark roasts flank steak Cuban-style It’s like that amazing “citrus, oregano and garlicky” pork butt – but without a lot of the hot work.
- Vodka that tastes like cucumber Move over, Hendricks; vodka is moving in on gin’s territory!
(Image: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)
Originally published Jul 30, 2008