It's gadget week at the Times dining section! First the rice cooker and its surprising jump into multitasking territory, then a secret weapon for turning your kid into an omnivore. These links and more in our favorite picks from the New York Times Dining section this week.
- Make entire meals in a rice cooker Not just for perfect rice - try Bibimbap with Salmon and Spinach or Biryani with Saffron made in the rice cooker. Have you ever cooked an entire meal in the rice cooker?
- Cooking for 2 and a half Buy a food mill! That's the general lesson from Keith Dixon, who feeds his 7-month-old daughter ravioli with sage butter, pecorino and crispy sage leaves - all well-pureed if course.
- A tribute to Paul Newman Looking past his acting at the effects he had on organic snacking.
- Pasta - Turkish dumpling style Delicious meal from Melissa Clark.
- Flank steak Spanish style From the Minimalist. Steak rolled up with herbs, eggs, olives and seasoning? Yes please.
What were your favorite parts of the Times this week?
(Image: Francesco Tonelli for The New York Times)