It's June! What were we eating (and blogging) this time last year? There were two of our favorite recipes: a very easy dessert - simple crispy phyllo squares with cream and fruit - and a pasta salad with lemon, goat cheese and fried capers. These links and more below, including Spanish white wine, tips for saving energy in the kitchen this summer, a survey on how you store your drinking glasses, and the difference between yucca and yuca.
A Year Ago This Week - June 2 - 8
• Recipe: Phyllo Napoleons with Blackberry Sauce and Vanilla Cream
• Survey: How Do You Store Your Drinking Glasses? So many opinions!
• Vino: 2005 Espelt White - A great deal from the rugged coasts of Spain.
• Seasonal Recipe Spotlight: Sweet Basil - Basil is just now coming out in full force! Here are tips on how to use it.
• FTC Intends to Block Whole Foods-Wild Oats Merger - Guess that didn't make much difference.
Related: Last week's Lookback: This Time Last Year: Strawberries, Muscadet, Spanish-Fried Eggs, and the Mozzacado