This Time Last Year: Pasta with Fried Capers, Spanish White Wine, and How To Store Drinking Glasses
It’s June! What were we eating (and blogging) this time last year? There were two of our favorite recipes: a very easy dessert – simple crispy phyllo squares with cream and fruit – and a pasta salad with lemon, goat cheese and fried capers. These links and more below, including Spanish white wine, tips for saving energy in the kitchen this summer, a survey on how you store your drinking glasses, and the difference between yucca and yuca.
A Year Ago This Week – June 2 – 8
• Recipe: Phyllo Napoleons with Blackberry Sauce and Vanilla Cream
• Survey: How Do You Store Your Drinking Glasses? So many opinions!
• Vino: 2005 Espelt White – A great deal from the rugged coasts of Spain.
• Seasonal Recipe Spotlight: Sweet Basil – Basil is just now coming out in full force! Here are tips on how to use it.
• FTC Intends to Block Whole Foods-Wild Oats Merger – Guess that didn’t make much difference.
Related: Last week’s Lookback: This Time Last Year: Strawberries, Muscadet, Spanish-Fried Eggs, and the Mozzacado