This time last year we were deep into our first Kitchen Cure, and there is a lot of inspiration in our archives for those of you doing the Cure this year. There were also some great spring recipes and good kitchen equipment. Here's a quick look at some of the most memorable posts from this week a year ago — just in case you missed them the first time around!
Posts pictured above are in bold type below.
• Three things that inspired me last week, a lovely meditation from Dana.
• Jam from a guy on a bicycle (read through all the comments).
• Favorite kitchens from Small Cool 2008.
• Ostrich, emu, goose, and duck egg at Whole Foods. They're local!?
• Another tip for growing your own sprouts.
• Cocktail weather is almost here! Here's how to rim a cocktail glass for margaritas.
• More than 30 suggestions on the very best chef's knife.
• A look ahead to the second half of the Kitchen Cure: the savory ingredients that every pantry should have.
• What are the best gifts for a kitchen housewarming?
• Good recipes for spring suppers: Polenta with Andouille and Broccoli Rabe, Pecan Crusted Salmon with Sautéed Ramps and Purple Potatoes, Spring Radishes Braised with Shallots and Vinegar, a spring birthday picnic.
• Some advice on buying a burr grinder for your coffee.
• No summer tomatoes yet, but these cinnamon-spiked tomatoes use the canned ones, and they are still pretty great.
• See more: April 20-27, 2008 Archive