What was happening this time last year on The Kitchn? Here's a look back at some of our posts from this week a year ago, in case you didn't see them the first time, or in case you'd like to be reminded! There are lots of recipes for good things: DIY crème fraîche, Meyer Lemon Shaker Pie, a spring spinach and herb soup, oatmeal in the slow cooker, and more. Plus peeled hardboiled eggs (in a bag!) and a pirate ship cake.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• A pie for spring: Meyer Lemon Shaker Pie.
• New things from classic Fiesta: bakers, bowls, and pie pans.
• Spring spinach and herb soup.
• Have you ever made sourdough bread? Here's a basic starter to get you going.
• Oatmeal in the crock-pot! Overnight oatmeal with apricots and buttermilk.
• How to make crème fraîche.
• Quick dinner: Trader Joe's anelletti pasta, sausage, and greens.
• For Passover: Chocolate toffee matzo candy!
• What kind of chocolate works best for baking?
• Review: home seltzer maker.
• New pans from Nordicware: Pirate ship, butterflies, and more.
• How to take better care of your cheese.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Food for Busy Nights, Family Dinners, Lemon Garlic Chicken, and the Secrets of Awesome Mashed Potatoes