Vegan Appetizers, Duck Magret, and Homemade Hot Sauce
Homemade hot sauce, a Brussels sprouts Christmas tree, a visit to Nice, France, holiday placesetting inspiration, Big Pancake, oxtail and three warming soups — these are just a few of our posts from this week a year ago. Read on to see these and more.
• DIY hot sauce from Mark Bittman’s recipe.
• Cooking in France with Rosa Jackson at Les Petits Farcis.
• Food gifts that you can freeze and therefore make well ahead of time.
• Ideas for holiday placesettings.
• Booze froot.
• Help! Do we need a backsplash here?
• How to tell if your bread dough has been kneaded enough.
• Why do shrimp turn pink when cooked?
• A gorgeous Seckel pear tart from Gourmet.
• Entire archive from November 30-December 7, 2008
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Stuffing vs. Dressing, Pie Bakeoff Winners, and Best Knife