This time a year ago Thanksgiving was everywhere, so we had pumpkin ravioli, the difference between stuffing and dressing, the reason why food writers hate Thanksgiving, turkey gravy from scratch, candy apple pie, and easy, beautiful table setting inspiration for busy cooks. Plus a tour of a gorgeous hacienda kitchen, and how to roll out pie crust without a rolling pin. Read on for these and more from this week a year ago.
• Some thoughts on brining the bird.
• Why food editors hate Thanksgiving, according to Regina Schrambling.
• A beautiful potato dish: Pommes Anna.
• A food safety reminder for Thanksgiving.
• Looking for a sharp inexpensive knife? Try this one.
• Turkey gravy, from scratch.
• Stuffing or dressing: What do you say?
• A great recipe for pumpkin ravioli with Parmesan fondue.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Tofu Loaf, Bone Marrow, & Tyler Florence's Home Kitchen