This time a year ago we were talking pies! We also were discussing natural oven cleaners, and what to cook with inexpensive cuts of meat. Plus: when to dock a pie crust, brown rice with squash and cashews, easy fruit fillings, and the best pinot noir under $20.
• Great question: Are there natural, non-toxic ways to clean an oven?
• It's fall; time to pull out the slow cooker.
• The Cheesemonger's favorite cheap(er) cheeses.
• Good wine buys: Best pinot noir under $20.
• An awesome easy and healthy snack: kale chips!
• Finger tongs? Hot or not?
• See the whole archive for this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Fall Soups and How To Clean a Stinky Dishwasher