Fresh Fish, Bulk Foods, and Jamie Oliver’s Gadget This Time Last Year
Plus — illustrated guide to chicken giblets, all about cocktail bitters, a (sort of) home cooked wedding feast, and squash pasta with sage.
• Candy-making basics – Working with hot sugar!
• What do you think of the IKEA CHARM grater?
• Have you tried Jamie Oliver’s Flavour Shaker gadget?
• Mark Bittman’s baked eggs.
• All about bitters.
• How to inspect fish for freshness.
• Hearty oatmeal toasting bread.
• Which foods do you buy in bulk?
• Make fresh garden pickles!
• A tray for magnets over the stove.
• Bag-in-box wine — not so awful as you think!
• The story of a (sort of) home cooked wedding.
• See the whole archive from a year ago this week.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Microwave Potato Chips and Could You Eat on $25 a Week?