This Is What the New Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Taste Like; Is Sweet Potato “Toast” Now a Thing?
- It was announced earlier this year that General Mills is creating a special pumpkin spice latte flavor of Cheerios. This week, a couple people got to try the new flavor in advance of it being released to the grocery store later this month. Does it live up to the hype? Or is it a total flop?
- According to Pinterest, a huge trend this summer is sweet potato toast. Yes, that’s right — apparently people are subbing sweet potatoes for bread in recipes like avocado toast and French toast. How does that make you feel?
- Yesterday Bon Appétit released it’s annual list of 50 best new restaurants in the United States. Have you been to any of these places? On August 16 they’ll announce the top 10 in the country.
- Don’t expect to be flooded with perfect peaches this year if you live in the Northeast. Due to a flash freeze in February, the peach crop in upstate New York and New Jersey was damaged.
- For the first time ever, bottled water could outsell soda in the United States. While this is mostly good news, it also has to do with a “crumbling infrastructure” including the lead contamination in Flint, Michigan.
Published: Aug 3, 2016