These 7 Clever Products Will Let You Do So Much More with Your Microwave
Dorm life doesn’t normally allow for a lot of great cooking options. You’re pretty much limited to whatever you can make in a microwave or with hot water if you’re allowed to have an electric kettle.
Luckily there are tons of new products that make it easier to actually cook in your microwave. It might not be exactly the same as cooking on a stove, but it’s still better than getting every meal from the dining hall.
- Microheath Microwave Grill Pan, $38 from Amazon: Yes, this one is a bit on the pricey side, but to be able to make a perfectly crispy grilled cheese in the microwave? We think it’s worth it.
- Pasta Cooker, $35 from Lékué: No need to have boiling water to make pasta anymore. You can cook and strain your pasta in this silicone pot; it even fits spaghetti without having to break the noodles.
- Trudeau Microwave Egg Poacher, $15 from Kitchen Stuff Plus: Customize your breakfast sandwich or add a poached egg to your favorite meal with this microwave cookware.
- Topchips Chips Maker, $25 from Mastrad: Yes, of course you can buy a bag of chips and call it a day, but the chips you can make with this simple gadget will be much healthier, and you can make so many different varieties. Apple chips would be a great study snack.
- Quick Pop Single Serve Popper, $11.50 from Nordic Ware: Bagged microwave popcorn might be one step easier, but popcorn from this popper will be much healthier since you can add your own butter and salt.
- Mastrad Multi-Steamer, $25 from Amazon: If you just want steamed veggies, or to reheat something you brought home from the dining hall, this is the gadget you need.
- Kabob Maker, $30 from Lékué: Since grills are definitely not allowed in a dorm room, this microwave steamer will help you healthfully cook your favorite kabobs. Just be sure to clean up thoroughly if you are cooking raw meat.