Our Favorite Instant-Read Thermometer Just Got Even Faster — and It’s 20% Off Right Now
As much as I love my knives, Dutch oven, and coffee maker, there is only really one thing in my kitchen that I absolutely could not live without: my Thermapen Mk4! It is magical and always helps me cook my best.
What’s a Thermapen Mk4, you ask? It’s a super-fast, incredibly accurate instant-read thermometer that ensures you’ll never undercook chicken, salmon, steak, bread, and the like. And, as if its speed weren’t enough, it’s on sale right now for 20 percent off!
Now, there are other instant-read thermometers out there, but I have yet to find one I love and can rely on so faithfully as this Thermapen. As far as I’m concerned, the Mk4 is a perfect tool. It has never let me down, and I know that professional chefs sing its praises too. So when I first heard that ThermoWorks (the company behind the Thermapen) was replacing the beloved model with a new thermometer that costs a few more bucks, I was skeptical. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Right?
Turns out, I love it even more than my old one. I’ve had the Thermapen ONE for a few weeks, and I still can’t get over all the upgraded features.
Here’s what’s new with the Thermapen ONE:
- It gives you full readings in just ONE second (thanks to “new advances in thermodynamics,” the company says). One second! This makes it “the first true one-second instant-read thermometer.”
- It’s accurate to half a degree.
- It has a brighter, even more responsive auto-backlight.
- It has a 5-year warranty!
- It has a newly designed battery compartment that’s easier to access.
Of course, the Mk4 was the gold standard of instant-read thermometers for a reason. So there are some things that stayed the same with the ONE. Here’s what the ONE has in common with the Mk4.
- It has a folding probe that requires no buttons or knobs to operate.
- It has a motion-activated sleep and wake mode.
- It’s waterproof to “IP67,” which means it’s resistant to dust and can be submerged in a meter of water for a half an hour and be totally fine (so it’ll absolutely withstand any kitchen accidents).
- It has an auto-rotating display, so you can read it so matter how you’re holding it.
- It has a “silver-based additive,” the company says,” that gives it “antimicrobial protection.”
- It has a calibration certificate that is verified to national standards.
- If you ever need to have your thermometer recalibrated, Thermoworks still offers that service!
Ready to try the ONE for yourself? From now through Nov. 30, you can save 20 percent off during ThermoWorks’ Black Friday sale!