There’s a New Instant Pot for Single People
We don’t hear many bad things about the Instant Pot. Our staffers love it. Our readers love it. It’s basically the Tom Hanks of cooking appliances — people have only nice things to say about it!
If we had to call out one thing to nitpick about it, it’d maybe be that the sizes — a six- and eight-quart option — are just a little too large for a household of one. If you live alone, you probably aren’t getting to experience the magic of the Instant Pot because you just don’t need to make a vat of potato risotto.
Allow us to introduce you to the newish three-quart Instant Pot!
It does all the fun (and helpful) things the larger Instant Pots can do — cook rice, pressure cook, slow cook, steam, sauté, make yogurt, and warm stuff — it’s just adorably smaller.
It cooks up to 12 cups of rice, which is still probably a lot of rice for one person (unless you’re very hungry for rice!), and is the ideal size for a small dinner or side dish, or even for traveling (bring it on a boat, in a camper, or to a hotel!). The buttons and settings have been simplified, too, which is never a bad idea.
Now if only they’d come out with one in Millennial Pink — then we’d really have no complaints!
See More of Our Coverage on the Instant Pot
- 5 Things You Should Know About Your New Instant Pot
- How To Clean an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- When to Use High or Low Pressure on the Instant Pot
- 10 Ways to Use Your Instant Pot This Summer
- 22 Recipes to Make with Your New Instant Pot
- 10 Cooks Share Their Favorite Things to Make in the Instant Pot
- 50+ Recipes That You Can Make in Your Instant Pot
- 10 Easy Ways to Get Chicken on the Table with Your Instant Pot
- Use Your Instant Pot for Fast & Flavorful Beef Stew
Would you buy this mini Instant Pot?