The Top 10 Most-Googled Recipes of 2009
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week, can you guess the top 10 most-Googled recipes of 2009? What were people cooking? We have the answer below, plus a hot-looking dish of shrimp tikka masala, a banana peanut butter smoothie, and evidence that Trader Joe’s was paying attention in grammar class.
• The Top 10 Most-Googled Recipes of 2009 – Spoiler: The top 3 are chili, meatloaf, and cheesecake.
• Brazil Nuts: The Forgotten Nut – Have you ever seen Brazil nuts outside of a party mix?
• The Crisper Whisperer: Banana Peanut Butter Smoothies – A very good argument against total locavorism; one must have bananas!
• More Evidence That Trader Joe Paid Attention in Grammar Class – Grammar nerds rejoice!
• Dinner Tonight: Shrimp Tikka Masala – This looks like a seriously good supper.
Previous Good Eats: Greek-Style Potato Skins
(Image: Robyn Lee/Serious Eats)