This whole time I've been using a plain old scrubby sponge and broom to do my housework. Silly me! A quick tour through Amazon has revealed that cleaning my kitchen could be easier, quicker, more efficient, and fun.
Check out a few of the most brilliant cleaning tools you can buy on Amazon.
- O-Cedar Dual-Action Angler Broom, $18: Unlike ordinary brooms, this one features a foam blade, which captures and holds onto fine dust and hair. And it's removable for easy cleaning. Plus, the broom handle and bristles are angled to make the whole experience more comfortable for you and your back.
- Bottle Cleaning Brush, $7: I've seen extra-long bottle brushes and shorter bendy ones, but this one combines the two onto a scrubber that has foam bristles along the entire length of the scrubber (not just at the end) and is super-bendy to get into the trickiest glassware — great for oddly shaped items like wine decanters and vases.
- Amagabeli Chainmail Scrubber, $14: If you haven't seen this medieval "sponge" before, listen up. It's designed especially for cleaning cast iron cookware without scratching the pan or destroying your seasoning. We used one with a squishy, more sponge-like core and loved it for cleaning things beyond cast iron.
- OXO 8-Piece Brush & Tool Deep Cleaning Set, $19: Ready to go on a deep-cleaning spree? The OXO 8-Piece Brush & Tool Deep Cleaning Set has specialized scrubbers for every conceivable nook and cranny, including a grout brush, wiper blade for drains and crevices, looped scrubber for appliance interiors, and more. Use them with your favorite cleaner to get your fixtures, appliances, and walls squeaky clean. This crowd favorite has more than 1,000 positive reviews on Amazon.
- Elvoes Window Squeegee, $25: Cleaning windows can be a chore, but clearing them up is one of the best ways to make your kitchen feel lighter and brighter. The Elvoes Window Squeegee has a a microfiber scrubber on one side to pick up dirt and debris, and a squeegee on the other to swipe away liquid before it leaves a streak on your window paints. Plus, the rotating head extends up to 3 1/2 feet long to reach even super-tall windows.
- BLACK+DECKER PKS160 Power Scrubber, $11: For some of us, this might be the closest we can get to having a dishwasher. The BLACK+DECKER PKS160 Power Scrubber has an ergonomic angled design and rotating scrubber brush that'll get to work on caked-on food at the touch of a button. It's fully submersible, for your sink full of dirty dishes, and has a little scraper on the end, too. Handy!
- Long-Reach Flexible Duster, $15: Have you cleaned under your refrigerator or oven recently? No? Then consider this microfiber duster. It's 5 inches wide and 30 1/2 inches long, so you can get all the way underneath your appliances. Use it dry as a duster, or in combination with your favorite all-purpose cleaner to scrub away long-hidden spills and debris.
What surprisingly brilliant kitchen cleaning tools have you found on Amazon?