The Power of Soup: 20 Soup Recipes to Warm and Satisfy
A dramatic wind whipped through my neighborhood last night, bringing a blast of soup weather. But I was ready for the chilly temperatures. I’ve been making soup for weeks now — remembering how a pot of soup is so satisfying to cook, and so convenient for a week of lunches and suppers. I ladled out black bean soup for dinner three nights in a row, and never got tired of it.
We have 20 favorite recipes to get you started on your own soup adventures this fall. There are colorful recipes, like kale and chicken stew and a creamy soup of Red Kuri squash and coconut milk. There’s classic French onion soup, and a slow cooker blend of chickpeas and vibrant vegetables. And don’t forget the cheesy potato soup… with bacon!
CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUPS
• 5 Baked Potato Soup With Bacon, Green Onion & Cheddar
• 6 Tuscan Bread & Tomato Soup (Ribollita)
• 7 Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
• 8 Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage, and Rice Soup
• 9 Black-eyed Pea Soup with Andouille and Collards
• 10 Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
• 11 Vegetarian Guinness Stew