The new Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook is a treat for anyone who owns a cast iron skillet — it will make you look at your classic old skillet with new appreciation, pondering all the delicious things you can do with it.
The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook is focused mostly on simple American-inspired recipes like pancakes, roast chicken, and cobbler, with some fresh twists inspired by other cuisines. As such, it's a great place for new cooks and new cast iron pan-owners to get inspiration and help for using their fabulous new pan.
• Who wrote it: Compiled and edited by Pam Hoenig.
• Who published it: Oxmoor House
• Number of recipes: About 200, with 200 photographs.
• Recipes for right now: Seasonal Breakfast Frittatas, Chicken with Artichoke Hearts, Olives, and Capers; Blushing Drop Biscuits.
• Other highlights: So many photographs! This cookbook is warmly photographed, with lavish amounts of photos, and a helpful look at the recipes and the cast iron that inspired them.
• Who would enjoy this book? Anyone who just bought a cast iron skillet and wants a little help caring for and using it.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook: A Treasury of Timeless, Delicious Recipes
Related: How To Clean a Cast Iron Skillet
(Images: Faith Durand)