The Leafy Greens Cookbook by Kathryn Anible
Looking for ways to eat more greens? InThe Leafy Greens Cookbook, Kathryn Anible goes way beyond salads with 100 recipes that feature arugula, beet greens, collards, kale, chard, and more.
• Who wrote it: Kathryn Anible
• Who published it: Ulysses Press
• Number of recipes: 100
• Recipes for right now: Black Bean, Corn, and Kale Salad; Arugula Hummus; Swiss Chard and Egg Breakfast Burrito; Watercress and Salmon Coconut Curry; Peaches and Greens Smoothie; Watermelon, Mint, and Spinach Refresher
• Other highlights: I’m the sort of person who needs visuals to be inspired by a cookbook, so I was, unfortunately, underwhelmed by The Leafy Greens Cookbook, which has only four images on the back cover. However, if you’re someone who doesn’t require that feature in a cookbook, the content is full of helpful information and recipes. I can imagine this being a nice primer for those who are starting to discover all the varieties of delicious, healthy greens.
A section on “Getting to Know Your Greens” includes tips for choosing and cooking 20 ingredients from arugula to watercress. The recipes are simple and fresh and include appetizers, snacks, vegetarian and meat entrees, and juices and smoothies. There’s a little of everything here, from scones to kimchi and pierogies to sag paneer. Most of the recipes are vegetarian but not necessarily vegan friendly.
• Who would enjoy this book? vegetarians and omnivores; people who want to incorporate more greens into their diets
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: The Leafy Greens Cookbook: 100 Creative, Flavorful Recipes Starring Super-Healthy Kale, Chard, Spinach, Bok Choy, Collards and More! by Kathryn Anible
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emily Han)