2012 was a wonderful year at The Kitchn — thanks in great part to you, our readers, who contribute such thoughtful and enthusiastic comments, sharing what you're cooking and learning in the kitchen week in and week out. We're always eager to find out what our readers are cooking and eating — so here's a look back at our readers' stand-out favorites from the past year. There were new favorites, like freezing herbs in olive oil — and some updated classics, like lessons in cooking salmon and quinoa — on the list. Read on for the Big 10 — our top 10 most popular posts of 2012!
The Kitchn's Top 10 Posts of 2012
• 1 How To Cook Fluffy, Tasty Quinoa
• 2 How To Cook Salmon Fillets in the Oven
• 3 Recipe to Feed a Crowd: Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
• 4 Cookies For Canines: 9 Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
• 5 How to Make Potato Chips in the Microwave
• 6 How To Peel, Cut, Core, and Dice: 20 Tips & Techniques for Fruit and Vegetable Prep
• 7 Freeze & Preserve Fresh Herbs in Olive Oil
• 8 Perfect Pitcher Drink Recipe: Sparkling White Peach Sangria
• 9 Kobe Beef: Food's Biggest Scam?
• 10 Magic One-Ingredient Ice Cream 5 Ways: Peanut Butter, Nutella, and More
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.