The Kitchn Is Looking for Freelance Lifestyle Writers
Do you love kitchen cleaning, design, and organizing? Do you love The Kitchn? We’re looking for you!
We’re looking for regular freelance talent to grow our cleaning, organizing, and kitchen design stories. Here’s how to apply.
We are looking for lifestyle bloggers and writers. We are not at this time looking for food and recipe writers. Please do not send recipe or food pitches.
Cleaning & Organizing
This is for you if: You’re constantly cleaning and straightening up — even when you’re at a friend’s house. Marie Kondo is your spirit animal. Your mom knows she can always rely on you to find some kind of crazy new cleaning trick online and send it to her.
This is for you if: You already read Kitchn and Apartment Therapy religiously. Your Pinterest board is miles long of ideas you wish you had time, space, and/or money to steal. Your friends compare your apartment to a magazine spread.
We’re looking for smart and nimble part-time (up to 20 hours a week) writers to contribute short articles on a daily basis. You’ll work closely with our Lifestyle Editor who will help you pitch and execute ideas.
- A minimum of one year in digital media
- Strong writing skills, with a warm and personal voice
- Skills in editing and uploading photos
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Deep appreciation for Kitchn’s brand and voice
This is a contract/freelance position, working from home.
After you apply, please allow four weeks before following up. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email the following to email@example.com with subject line “Part-Time Lifestyle Writer: [Your Name].”
- Current resume, including links to your public social media accounts
- 3 relevant clips of your writing
- 3 ideas for cleaning, design, or organizing posts you think our readers would love
- Tell us what you love or hate the most about your own kitchen (250 words)