Now that you've cleared out your refrigerator, it's time to give it a thorough cleaning. Say farewell to the watery goop at the bottom of your crisper, the sticky mess at the back of the second shelf, the crumbs in the rubber door seal. In an hour your fridge will be clean, organized, and totally inspiring you to cook something fabulous for dinner.
Today's Assignment (estimated time: 1 hour)
- Clean the fridge: Follow our step-by-step tutorial → How To Clean the Refrigerator
- Organize your fridge as you put everything back: Follow these tips for a neat, organized fridge → The Best Way to Organize Your Refrigerator
- Organize your condiments by meal type or cuisine: If you're tired of rummaging for companion condiments, you might consider organizing the condiment compartments by meal type. For example, group all stir-fry essentials together in one compartment, burger-making essentials in another, etc. It'll shave a few minutes off your meal prep time!
- Set the right temperature: Now that your fridge is clean and organized, make sure it's set at the proper temperature. See this post for more → At What Temperature Should My Refrigerator Be Set?
- Take an "After" photo of your fridge: Yesterday you took the "before" photo; now it's time to show off the results of your hard work! Post your "after" fridge photo in all its glory to your Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or Facebook account, and use the hashtag #kitchncure.
The Kitchn Cure Liveblog
Follow the progress of The Kitchn Cure in a real live kitchen in our liveblog: