The Crustmaster, Cranberries, and Conversation Starters Food news for 11.11.09
From the President’s pastry chef to a green bean taste test, here’s the latest in food news and features…
• In an AP video, White House pastry chef Bill Yosses, aka The Crustmaster, gives an insider’s view of the operation.
• It’s cranberry season, and the Boston Globe visits Mann Farms, a fourth-generation cranberry grower in Massachusetts.
• Wondering how to start a conversation at the farmers’ market? The Huffington Post’s David Becker offers Seven Great Questions to Ask Your Farmer.
• Also on the Huffington Post, livestock rancher Nicolette Hahn Niman shares An Eater’s Guide to Avoiding Factory Farm Foods.
• The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Ohio goat farmers, including many women, are starting cheese-making businesses.
• In an interview with Wine Spectator, celebrated cookbook author Deborah Madison discusses wine and vegetarian food.
• And just in time for Thanksgiving, the San Francisco Chronicle conducts a taste test of frozen whole green beans.
Read any other interesting food news lately? Let us know in the comments.
Related: Food News: The Latest on BPA
(Image: Wendy Maeda/The Boston Globe)