Sometimes the most realistic way to get a big bowl of salad on the dinner table is to opt for convenience (read: a pre-made bag of salad). And once again, Trader Joe's is the answer to our veggie-filled prayers.
In the produce section you'll find TJ's selection of complete salads. There are quite a few options — all featuring blends of various greens with assorted toppings and a packet of dressing to match. No matter what's on your meal plan, Trader Joe's has a salad kit that'll go with it.
Here are five of our favorites.
- Southwestern Chopped Salad, $3 for 13.6 ounces: Whether it's Taco Tuesday or not, this salad, mixed with crunchy greens, root veggies, pepitas, cotjia cheese, and a spicy avocado dressing (which is even better than it sounds), is always a good bet. We even have a great way to turn this salad into a $2 lunch.
- Tropical Mango Complete Salad, $4.50 for 14 ounces: If you want summer to last forever, this salad kit is for you. It's got a vibrant blend of colors, flavors, and textures, thanks to a mix of baby greens, shredded red cabbage, and carrots, mixed with a medley of cashews, dried mango, and toasted coconut. The mango-tamarind-cashew dressing is the best part.
- Mexican Style Corn & Quinoa Salad, $5 for 14 ounces: This salad — a mix of grape tomatoes, kale, red and green cabbage, corn, quinoa, and brown rice — its lettuce-less. But it can be heaped on top of a big bed of spinach for a healthy lunch or dinner option.
- Kohlrabi Salad Blend, $2.50 for 10 ounces: If you're unfamiliar, kohlrabi is a mild, slightly sweet-tasting green that's actually related to cabbage. In this bag, it's mixed with shredded kale, golden beets, and red cabbage. Toss it with your favorite dressing or cook it in a skillet with a bit of olive oil, garlic, and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Broccoli and Kale Slaw, $3 for 11 ounces: Tired of boring kale salads? This kit is little jazzier. It's a kale-meets-slaw blend that combines the namesake ingredients with radicchio. There's a separate bag of chewy dried fruit and crunchy nuts and seeds, plus a packet of irresistible tangy dressing ties it all together.
More Things We Love at Trader Joe's
What's your favorite Trader Joe's ready-made salad?