Valentine's Day is next week, and for a lot of people that means one thing and one thing only: chocolate. (Okay, and love. Chocolate and love. Two things.)
Making a chocolate dessert at home can be a special way to celebrate. Personally, we're not the kind of people who like to go to a restaurant on Valentine's Day anyway. You're much more likely to find us searing a nice steak for two at home. But even if you do go out to eat, coming back home for dessert can be especially romantic.
Lucky for all of us, food magazines are chock-full of chocolate goodness this month. We drooled out way through all of them to bring you some chocolate inspiration.
So whether you're looking for a decadent way to end a multi-course meal or just a sweet treat to enjoy while you Netflix a rom-com, here are our picks for the best chocolate treats this month to make Valentine's Day really special.
1. Vanilla Pudding Pie from Martha Stewart Living
There's chocolate and cardamom in the vanilla filling, all piled into a chocolate wafer crust.
2. Double-Chocolate Salted Caramel Muffins from Food Network Magazine
It reads like a dessert recipe, but we'd make them for breakfast. Don't judge.
3. Chocolate Cheesecake Cups with Candied Pecans from Food Network Magazine
These little cheesecakes, served with wonton crisps, would be the great end to a Valentine's Day dinner at home.
4. Gluten-Free Chocolate and Buckwheat Waffles from Bon Appétit
Sure, Valentine's Day is on a Wednesday this year, but we say these waffles are worth getting up early for to whip up a romantic breakfast.
5. Boozy Mexican Hot Chocolate from Rachael Ray Magazine
Skip the baking and sip your dessert instead.
6. 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse from Good Housekeeping
If you forgot the flowers, this three-ingredient recipe will save your Valentine's Day plans.
7. Caramelized Banana Split with Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce from Food & Wine
This grown-up take on a childhood classic sounds insanely delicious. It would be an especially fun dessert if you're celebrating Valentine's Day with your kids.
8. Double-Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Food Network Magazine
These adorable cookies would be great for sharing — with friends, family, or even coworkers. (Or eat 'em all yourself!)