5 Essential (and Renter-Friendly) Storage Products for Small Kitchens
If you cook in a small kitchen, you know that keeping things organized and accessible is absolutely essential. If you’ve conquered the small kitchen conundrums, we applaud you! But we know many of you still struggle with finding cheap, easy-to-implement ways to maximize your space constraints and reduce your stress levels. Well, these five products are the place to start – and they’re completely DIY and renter-friendly!
1. IKEA’s Grundtal Series, particularly the rail ($9.99) and the wall shelf ($14.99): this system from IKEA clearly takes the cake when it comes to budget-friendly kitchen wall organization. We’ve seen the Grundtal system show up everywhere, in both traditional and ultra-modern kitchens. Yiming’s kitchen, shown above, is one of our favorite examples.
Read More About Grundtal:
• Classic Storage: GRUNDTAL Stainless Steel Kitchen Wall Shelf from IKEA
• 10 Examples of IKEA Shelving in the Kitchen
• Jose’s Sheer Smallness (another example of the Grundtal rail system in action!)
2. Under-Shelf Hooks, $4.46/packet from Home Depot: small cooking tools, including mixer attachments and measuring spoons and cups, can be a pain to store in a small kitchen. Make the most of your under-shelf space with a few hooks.
Read More About Under-Shelf Hooks:
• Clever Storage: Undershelf Hooks for KitchenAid Attachments and More
• A Pretty Storage Idea: Hang Mugs and Tea Cups on Hooks
4. Magnetic Knife Strip, $28 from Amazon: Magnetic knife strips are a great way to keep your knives within easy reach and out of your drawers. Plus, we like the look!
5. Wall Mounted Kitchen Roll Organizer, $49 from Pottery Barn: this all-in-one organizer will keep paper towels, foil, and parchment paper off the counter and within easy reach.
What are your small kitchen space-saving essentials?