Aldi is the go-to supermarket for people who want inexpensive groceries, and that means it's a very good place to get everything you need for Thanksgiving dinner. It also has some great snacks and specialty products for extremely low prices, so you can make a Thanksgiving party really special without spending a ton of money.
Here are the five best things to buy from Aldi for Thanksgiving.
- Fresh Organic Turkey, $2.89 per pound: If you plan to buy an organic turkey this year, Aldi is almost certainly the least expensive place to buy one. Aldi will start stocking fresh organic turkeys on November 15, and at just $2.89 per pound you're unlikely to find a cheaper organic option anywhere.
- O'Donnell's Pumpkin Spice Liqueur, $9: Pumpkin spice cream liqueur? Yup! And everybody at Thanksgiving is going to want a taste. It's described as "fresh Irish cream blended with flavors of pumpkin pie," and it's full of cinnamon and cloves and warming fall spices. Offer it with dessert and serve it straight or iced, or tell your guests to put it in their coffee.
- Nature's Nectar Sparkling Pumpkin Cider, $2: This effervescent pumpkin cider is just what I imagine the pumpkin juice in Harry Potter tastes like. It tastes like pumpkins, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves, and it's sweet and fizzy and extremely refreshing. Try it with cocktails, as an ice cream float, or just a great non-alcoholic beverage option for Thanksgiving. It's a seasonal offering that's only available at Aldi for a limited time, but bottles are already in stores.
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece, $10: Ambience is one of the most important parts of a dining experience, but few people have the time to design a beautiful tablescape while basting a turkey, cleaning the house, setting the table, and trying to keep any small children and pets from climbing into the oven. As of November 15, Aldi will be selling ready-made Thanksgiving centerpieces for just $9.99, so you can have a lovely table without having to trim stems, find vases, or put anything in water. They pair cheery, fall-friendly flowering plants with ivy for a tasteful, polished look, and the reusable rectangular container is just the right size for most tables or buffets.
- Choceur Speculoos Truffles, $3 for 5.1 oounces: I'm a big fan of serving chocolates or cookies with coffee at the end of a meal, and these seasonal truffles are basically both. They're Belgian milk chocolate truffles with a center of speculoos cookie butter, and they're excruciatingly indulgent. These don't go on sale until Wednesday, November 22, so if you're doing some very last-minute shopping, these will be there to reward you for braving the store on the day before Thanksgiving.