5 Wines You Should Be Buying on Amazon This Summer
Summer is as laid-back of a season as they come, which means shopping for provisions for all your pool, beach, picnic, and barbecue needs should hardly be a fuss. Enter: wine from Amazon. If there’s ever a time to order wine online, it’s now, when you have your feet in the sand, lounging until the sun sets.
We scoured the site for five summery bottles, be it bubbles, white, rosé, or red. Bonus: None of them will cost you more than $15. All that’s left for you to do is to place an order — and be there when the shipment gets delivered.
- 90+ Lot Cellars Lot 50 Prosecco, $13: Bubbles are good to have around any time of year, but come summer it’s nice to have a few extra bottles on hand for a poolside Aperol Spritz or impromptu Sunday brunch mimosas. This Prosecco is an affordable bottle that’s perfect for both of these things — and general sipping, too.
- Sagelands Pinot Gris, $10: This Washington wine is extra refreshing, which is crucial during these hot summer days. There’s a good amount of minerality and acidity in this bottle, but plenty of stone fruit and green apple notes to keep it juicy and satisfying. It will work well with seafood as well as summery pastas.
- Lavender Row Rosé, $14: A classic southern French rosé from the hills of Provence, this bottle is everything you hope it will be. It’s got stone fruit, strawberry, and delicate floral notes, yet it finishes extra dry and crisp. Consider it your new salad wine, picnic wine, and Saturday afternoon just-because wine.
- Descendants Liegeois Dupont Le Rosé, $15: Another option from Washington, this rosé is a little bolder than the rosé from Provence, due to the fact that it contains a high percentage of Syrah grapes. These grapes not only give the wine a deeper pink hue, but they also lend notes of citrus, melon, and white pepper. Try it with grilled vegetables, fish, and chicken — it even works well with pizza.
- Parducci Small Lot Pinot Noir, $15: This California Pinot Noir is medium-bodied with lots of juicy berry notes. It makes the ideal counterpart to grilled meat — chicken, steak, sausages, and burgers — as well as grilled salmon. Chill it slightly and you won’t even realize you’re drinking a red in the middle of the summer.
What wines have you ordered off of Amazon?